Friday, January 9, 2015

Information and Thoughts

Koriann, Mom, and Dad,

I apologize for not warning you, but we went to the Redlands Temple this Thursday, so it then became our P day and we worked like regular on Monday.
I now have 10 days to update you on, wow! Let's do this:

On Tuesday, we have scripture study with the ward and only 2 people showed up and because we had to be in by 6:00 for new years, we went out for pie at Coco's and had scripture study there, it was awesome ha. DJ (the guy you talked to on Christmas) took us and he's so awesome! I got to say that I am so glad the holidays are over ha. It's a great time and all, but it makes missionary work so tough. We did however see a guy named Nalu that is recently coming back to church. I will admit, I lacked a bit of charity for him when I first met him, but he's really so awesome. He doesn't want to miss out on our visits he says. He's working on getting his patriarchal blessing and Melchizedek priesthood (: on new years, we were able to go to the Fotu's and teach Rudy there. He's progressing well, we just have a hard time getting him to church. On Friday we had a super long meeting down the hill in Rancho and the traffic was awful on the way back, so that's pretty much all we did, those days stink "/ But the next day was great! Here's some really good news. Agnes had all intentions of taking us to San Pedro, but we have to stay in our mission ha.
What I do have to add though is my feelings in between all the great stuff going on and the challenges that come with a mission. I learned that in the church, a mission is the one calling that you will sign up for in the church. I felt like since then, I've adopted a more focused mentality when it comes to my service. When I did accept this perfect calling, I didn't covenant with the Lord to give Him 3/4 of what He has already blessed me; But I promised that I would become swallowed up in the will of our Father, similarly as Christ did. Of course my degree of service to the Lord will never compare to our Joseph Smith's, or even Jesus Christ's, but I do comprehend more and more that a mission is shorter than it sounds. In one short week, I will have hit my year mark of being in the field, and I realize that on the 15th, I will only have one more of each day in the mission field in the year of 2015/2016. I am dis-wrought as I realize that I haven't been taking advantage of this time. I want to work so much harder than what I have been doing. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet and restored the church and that is something to rejoice in entirely. I am so passionate about that man and the atonement of Christ and want to let others feel similarly. This was a weak explanation of my love for my mission, but just know that I've been so touched by the ward I am serving in now. They have made me love my mission and I feel like I accomplish my purpose as I labor amongst them. I truly am in such good hands and I want you to know how lovely the Tongan people are. I wish so bad for you to meet them one day. We will visit the Tongan ward and you will fall in love with them. It feels as though I get to be in the most fortunate ward in the mission because of how profound a love Tongans have for us and the Lord. I love them so much and feel changed by their example and distinct compassion for treating us like their own family. The Lord deserves complete gratitude and praise every single day for placing me here and blessing me immensely. I love my mission and the people in it. I love you guys somehow even more and hope you know that. Have a great weekend, talk to you on Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment