Monday, July 27, 2015

I am doing well.

This sweet sister in Shawn's area always takes pictures at the departing devotional as well as transfer days. She is wonderful! 
Elder Hancock and Elder Bennion 
Family,

With the amount of time I have available before we head to the airport to pick up the new missionaries (this is Rancho's biggest group yet; 29 missionaries!), I wanted to let everyone know that I am doing well. My new companion is named Elder Hancock and he is from Safford, Arizona! I'm grateful that we get to serve together, it'll be a good transfer. 

The only changes I can report on is that we are no longer covering a family ward anymore, we will only be serving in Cucamonga Tongan, which I did not propose to President Hobbs, I promise! But I'm excited about it because it will now be less hectic on Sunday's, Tuesday's, and Thursday's. And now our dinner calendar doesn't need to be shared, so the ward is really excited about that ha! There are some really great people in the Highland ward though, I am going to miss them. I have one story in specific that proved to me that I was supposed to serve there for 2 transfers, so I am happy to know that I did all that the Lord needed me to there. The sisters serving there will do great things there and I trust that the Lord will allow them to take over what work he had. Just another way that the Lord proves to me that He has a plan and it will never fail, He knows who is qualified to do His work, which is why He could trust our Savior, because He knew His heart and that He was only going to do His Father's will. Wouldn't it be so great if we were that same way? I wish that we had what it takes. I love Him so much for what He did.

I'll keep it at that. It's time to help these new missionaries welcome a new chapter in their life. Thank you for emailing and making me feel so consistently loved. I appreciate all that you do for me, have a great day and week. Enjoy summer while it's still around!

Love,
Elder Shawn Lyle Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment