Thursday, October 8, 2015

09/24/15

09/24/15
It's been a bit since we spoke last, hasn't it? It's actually been a blessing to me, I'd probably do even better out here had I not been given an option to email. Sometimes one simple letter home sounds like it would suffice, but I'm not sure who would end up writing me after all because the art of technology is so much more simple. 

Today we got to go to the temple so we skipped Monday p day and spent all day in the office doing work here and what not. I LOVE the Redlands temple so much. I've spent so much time pondering what I can do in order to be more converted to the gospel and I love the unique things that stick out each time we visit. I understand why our temple attendance right now is semi annual, but I would love to go many more times! 

I feel like so much has happened since I last emailed, but all that's coming to mind is that we taught this Argentinean couple and the wife brought her mom who is a pastor from Vegas, so that lesson was a nightmare. It's too bad because her daughter was so persuaded by her mom and I can understand that, but I feel even more bad because the husband who is less educated about religion didn't get to hear one good thing about the church, only us trying to convince one another that our religion was true. I wish I had been smarter to just testify. Something I learned through President Nelson is that when we sustain a prophet, we promise to defend his good name, so it only makes sense why I got a little upset when this woman kept telling me Joseph Smith was dead and Jesus Christ lives. Oi aue. 

I cannot tell you how relieved I feel that Connor is not going to Russia. I'm not sure why, but the thought made me nervous, but Australia sounds SO PERFECT, and I am so thrilled to hear this great news! I was really hoping someone in our family would serve a foreign mission, so I'm glad that Connor will be heading overseas. Maybe sometime in his mission he'll be able to serve in a Tongan ward, there's a lot of them there! I hear there's so many different cultures in the country, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. As for his choice to open his call before everybody got there, I can lend my respect and hope that if anyone gave him a hard time, that they will be understanding of why he did it. It's such a special experience to find out where you are going to be called and I'm glad that he can start preparing for Australia (:

My desire to email fades each week for some reason, so I'm going to call this good for now. I'm just happy to hear about my little brother and to be apart of this great work! There's so much to do and such little time! Pray for me and I will continue doing the same for you all. Love you!

- Elder Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment