Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Summer

Email to Mom
That's too bad that the Powell trip has it's cons for the Walkers. But a pro indeed for your trip. I bet you're stoked! Speaking of fun things, are you going to the One Republic concert on Saturday? I just remembered it's this weekend and I hope you have someone to go with! If not, the tickets were cheap, it doesn't matter to me what happens with em (:I must say thank you for the packages! I felt very spoiled and am excited about the frooties. And those blue sour patch kids, mmm (: You know me all too well!
I'm sorry to hear things are still tough about Grandpa. It's not very easy when the house is next door i'm sure. When the right words come, feel free to write me and allow a letter to console your feelings. Thank you for the newspaper by the way. I also saw that Sam Schumann got married! Crazy.
Thanks for the update on the family. I hear Connor is gonna be at APTC this week. You're gonna have a quiet house this week! And Blair and Shayley are playing softball together? That's neat! I'm sure her games aren't as fun as Brighton's. I really hope Brighton will be involved in some league when I get back. He's gonna be such a great athlete. I miss that little runt.
Well, the mission is great! I meet so many great people. We tracted into a lady named Nancy and she was so great. She isn't interested in the church, but she said she would love to have us over for dinner sometime. She's nice. We were invited to a barbeque on Saturday, that was cool. I can't think what else, but overall it was a good week. Bryan and Heather didn't come to church so we were kinda bummed, but there's always hope for next week. I'm excited for this week. Many more adventures will follow i'm sure!
I love you mom. I miss you so much. Thanks for taking such good care of me out here. It's tough being away some days, but the Lord and the people here make things easier to bear. I love you. Have a great week (:
Love,
Elder Shawn Lyle Bennion
Email to Ben and KoriAnn
Sounds like summer is in full swing. I remember always getting Lagoon season passes. All those years of rides made it slightly dull for me. Once a year is good for me (: Now Disneyland, that may be a whole different story! Oh man, when Brighton goes to Disneyland, he is going to freak! I remember showing him a video when I got my mission call and that's all he talked about haha! Goodness, he's just the cutest.
Hearing your story about Rebecca; I swear this kind of situation always happens with missionary work ha. You have a really good situation to work with and then BAM the adversary strikes which causes us to naturally postpone the task we had in mind. It's funny to me how bringing up the church is self-induced difficult. It all requires prayer for when you should make a spiritual move on their family. It'll happen, pray for the patience and for the well being of their family (which i'm sure you already are). I'm sure the sister missionaries are just as bummed as you are. I know I get really excited with the families in the ward when they have a missionary opportunity and it doesn't end up working out. But don't worry, the right time will come. God recognizes the situation and will allow something to work out (:
Also, no patriarchal blessing?! Man, that thing has been such a vital tool for me. If you're contemplating it, it'll definitely give you the advice you need. Getting mine was such a humbling and overwhelming experience. I remember we said a prayer before the blessing and the second my knees hit the ground I sobbed haha! They're the neatest things (:
Well, Alta Loma is cool. Courtney's baptism will probably be on June 21st. Bryan didn't come to Sacrament but hopefully his family is okay. He's being hard to get ahold of "/ But the work still moves on! President Hobbs says this area requires diligence so i'm workin on that.
Btw, loved the package. Thank you so so much, that was very sweet of you guys (: I'm not sure what i'm gonna get. Probably Panda Express haha, i'll let you know. 
Love you! keep doin work (: Miss you guys so so so much!
Love,
Elder Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment