Monday, August 25, 2014

Staying in Alta Loma

Koriann,
your emails always make me giggle. I love hearing about your family and am anxious to be with them eventually. I keep wishing we could skype more often, but 2 times a year makes every minute so tender, which I love.
Well, we are staying another 6 weeks in Alta Loma, thankfully. I would've been devastated if I had left! I mean, it's gonna happen eventually, but I do love where I serve. Stake Conference was so great! It was like a mini general conference because the Upland stake got to hear from him 3 times this weekend, while all the other missionaries only got to hear from him that morning! Cool huh? Elder Nelson has good eye sight. He is 90 years old and is reading from the quad perfectly without glasses!!! Dad can't even read my scriptures and he's 35 years younger than Elder Nelson! All apostles have a great sense of humor, I realize. He had a lot of good things to say, especially about Obedience. It's seriously so key to missionary work, wow!
I can't believe Brighton is starting preschool! Ahh! I miss out on a few things I don't want to, but I know the sacrifice will always be worth it, especially if i'm in Alta Loma (: I just gotta let you know how much I LOVE Sister Rich in the ward. I'm not sure if you remember her, but we skyped at her house. We've become great friends throughout my time here. She said reflecting on my time here, i'm doing a great job here, which I was happy to hear. I also have good news that I called to be the new district leader! Sister Rich congratulated me on that and am happy to have the Rich's support even though they're not in our district ha. They're a great family! I want you to meet them so badly. They're driving to McCall Idaho this weekend for Labor day, but they probably don't have time to stop in Brigham "/ Maybe next time they go to Utah!
Well, our investigators are doing good! Martha sang in the stake choir, so I don't really understand why she isn't baptized haha. Also, Gabby came! I need you to add her on facebook. She says you haven't accepted her friend request ha.
But yes, we're busy here and I love it. Alta Loma will always have a special place in my heart because it's steered me so much closer to the Lord through the joy I find in serving here. It's a great area with so much potential, we're just having a tough time finding those who are ready to be baptized; it'll happen eventually I know it! Oh hey, do you remember Patrick from Hesperia? He's getting baptized in September!!! pretty cool (:
Well that's about it for now. We got a lot ahead of us and we are anxious to get out and serve our fellow man. I love you so much! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment