Monday, February 24, 2014

The work is picking up!

Email to Family
Mom! Hello you (:
CALL'S IS OPEN?! that has got to be the earliest Duane has opened, I thought for sure it was going to open on Friday. Tell Cindy, Carol, and Duane I say hello and thanks for the opportunity to be there last summer. And if Kayla is there, tell her I say hello as well (:
I cannot believe that Call's is open already. I really don't miss working there. Who do you work with anyway?
Yes, Brother Rask took me and Elder Kirkham to In N out, it's so good here! Remember when I would only get ketchup? Now I get a double cheeseburger with lettuce. And that night I ate one with everything on it! It was good, I just prefer it without tomatoes, onions, pickles, and their sauce, maybe i'm weird. But wow my food is expanding, it's awesome! It also makes me feel so chubby at dinner when members feed us. I just stuff myself haha! My new favorite restaurant is Panda Express, wow it so good! I hope you like it (: and my new favorite dinner is Chicken enchilada's and Lasagna. Mmm. food sounds lovely.
So, I must tell you. An investigator of ours showed up to Sacrament! His name is Patrick and loves the bible. He didn't deny the things Joseph Smith saw, he just wants to see a scripture in the bible that foretells Joseph being the person to restore it. I really feel like he's going to be the first person we baptize. I know baptism isn't everything, but he responds really well to the message and could definitely see it happening by the end of March (at the latest). We have 5 investigators and are teaching a part member family where half the kids are baptized and the parents are tricky. Shannon the mom said she understands the importance of baptism but doesn't see why she needs to give up coffee. Kinda tough situation, but I have confidence we can help her with that. Eddie the father is Catholic, I don't think he wants to be apart of the church and isn't opposed for his family to be apart of it, but oddly enough he loves missionaries.
If you couldn't already tell, the work here is picking up and I love that so much. Both the referrals we got were bogus, but we got another referral this morning, so hopefully that one will be legit. I love being out on a mission and wish we had the time talk about all the little things. I hope you are witnessing miracles back home and that you're helping the Lord hasten his work. GET THIS. My Stake President is Char and Josh Horne's uncle haha! I was mindblown. What a small world. I was so excited when I found that out. They're gonna have to visit Hesperia now while i'm here (;
But yeah, missions are great, super great actually. I love serving here and I love being apart of the Lord's work. What an exciting time to be apart of the church! There's a lot coming up I understand between the birthdays, Calls, and Ellen's mom passing away, that's so sad ): Console her, I will keep her in my prayers.
Well mom, I hope you have a lovely week. Love you more (:

Love,
Elder Shawn Lyle Bennion

Email to KoriAnn and Ben
I like both, letters are indeed a lost art, but then they pile up since Monday is the only day to write them. I will gladly respond through letters though, they're just gonna take a wee bit longer (: Brighton is starting preschool, what in the world! He's such a turkey, he needs to play nice. He must be getting excited it's his birthday or something. I'm sure whatever you plan for him will be great! it's too bad you don't get to partake in the California weather (; this week has been perfect. 70's all week. It rained once here for 10 minutes haha! It barely ever rains here. They get snow more than rain, weird huh? You do what you think is best for him. An extra $45 is pricey, but who knows, in the long run it may be very beneficial for him. I cannot believe that Bristol is standing! She's getting so big. I can't wait to see the kids in May (: That's going to be an exciting day.
Time is slim on email, I apologize. Feel free to write me. Just know that last week was a very good week for Elder Kirkham. One of our investigators showed up to Sacrament meeting and I was so stoked on that. We get an average of 2 investigators per week, which I don't think is bad at all! God is answering my prayers here so frequently. I just love being on a mission. The transfer is over in 2 weeks, but I think i'll stay in Hesperia, thank goodness. I truly love it here. Serving here is such a blessing. I know i'll love anywhere I serve, I just am particularly fond of Hesperia right now because I see the work is picking up due to our efforts. It's very rewarding.
Well you have a great week in the cold and I really hope that Brighton has a great 4th birthday (: Love you!!!

Love,
Elder Shawn Lyle Bennion


PROOF THAT MISSIONARIES GET BORED DURING STUDY TIME ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment