Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Investigators

Email to Ben and KorIAnn 
You know who else was sick this week? Elder Merrell! We took half the day off on Wednesday cause he had sinusitis. He did not look good. He was still such a trooper that day. We had a service project and had to meet with one of our investigators. There's a weird virus going around, and I really really really hope I can avoid it. Being sick is the worst! Especially out here when you want to be working. I used my time wisely though to write mom a giant letter. You may enjoy reading that as it explains further thoughts on my mission and it has a better way to get to know me I suppose you could say.
There's an RM here in the ward and his mom said that since he's been back, all he wants to do is be with his mom haha! I'm sure i'm going to be that same way when I get back. At this point I would easily take my family over my friends ha, I like our family a lot. Like, a lot, a lot (: It is a neat idea to go on vacations instead of gifts, I remember you saying you remember those more than the gifts you receive, which is so true! Plus, you get multiple days of quality time, more than just one morning of receiving a present. Hmm, good call. I'm excited for you guys to come to California. I realize it is such a blessing for the same purpose Brad understands. I had no idea he served here! Which mission did he serve in?
I hear that the 4th was a huge event due to the extremities dad went to make it fun for everyone. He told me he was exhausted ha, i'm sure he won't volunteer for next year unless no one steps up. He's a champ. I'm sure it was a great setup. Did you guys have a good 4th? Man, mine was too good. We got to pass out hot dogs and that was great. Plus I love our zone. They've grown on me quite much. I like making friends with other missionaries. They're the greatest people I know! (excluding our family of course)
I do in fact feel like the work is good here. President Hobbs said Elder Merrell and I doing very good work here, and that makes me happy. We have a girl named Jessica who accepted a baptismal date and then we found out she isn't married and is living with her boyfriend, so i'm not sure what'll happen there.

Courtney is in Hesperia all week so we have to move her date to August probably.
Brian and Heather are on hold till Heather passes her giant Bar test to be a lawyer. We find out in August if she passed, and I fasted that she would study hard to pass because then they will finally make time for the church.
We did however start teaching a girl named Jenny and she was a referral from someone in the ward (which is a good sign) and we've taught her twice. I'm 99% sure she will baptized. She cries every time we talk about Christ, she has such a sweet heart.
We are trying our hardest to stay busy and are trying to get people to make covenants with their Father. Baptism really is a huge commitment and people aren't used to that, but I know that as people read the Book of Mormon and feel the spirit, they won't want to step away from how good it feels, but embrace it even stronger. I have confidence in that with all my heart.
Thanks for the update, support, and prayers. I love you sooo much! And miss you just as much. Good luck with the Clark's (: Remember, patience and charity!
Love,
Elder Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment