Monday, July 14, 2014

Training!

The email My Mom got was my informative so here is what has been going on :)
Email to Mom
Mom,
Glad to hear you enjoyed my letter, there was a lot of information in there that i'm glad I finally got to report on!
On Saturday I received the call that I am going to be training a new missionary. My first initial reaction was neutral, but as the days continue on, the more nervous I get. I've felt so off since Saturday. I'm going to be so sad without Elder Merrell! He was a great friend. I was crying this morning when he was in the shower. When I see people packed up it makes me sad. We did some good work in Alta Loma. No baptisms show for it, but President Hobbs really appreciated what we did there. I'm gonna miss elder Merrell so much! We're definitely gonna hang out when I get back.
This week was wack. But there's a lot to look forward to. Sister Moore in the ward said training is a good thing because you get to train them the way you want, so i've highlighted all the ways I need to improve according to the missionary handbook. An obedient missionary feels the spirit more which results in a happier Elder, so I hope I can change the small things that i've needed to work on and be a good example to this new Elder. It's weird to be senior companion. You know what's even weirder? I haven't driven in 6 months and today's my first day behind the wheel again. It's seriously a different world, I need to stop being so frantic about all these new changes. It's inspired from the Lord.
I'm so ready for a baptism though you have no idea! That's probably the biggest goal I have right now. I shall keep you posted. Did I tell you about Jessica? She is super committed and enjoys the book of Mormon and we've taught her 3 times now, but she isn't currently living the law of chastity. If she wants to get baptized, she either has to get married or move out of her house for now. Yikes, but I really think she can pull through. She's had such a positive experience with the church so far!
I received 2 letters today from you, i'm excited to read them. Can you believe that starting tomorrow I will have been out for 6 months?! Time makes no sense on a mission. Thanks for all your constant support out here. I need all I can get. Please pray for me to be at ease with this new position in the mission. I'm nervous to train because I just finished being trained 3 months ago! 
I love you mom, take the best of care, I will let you know next week about how things are with my new companion! (: Miss you oodles!
Love,
Elder Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment